Hank (The Bank) Hong
Senior Mortgage Broker
Top 100 broker running for the last 5 years
Hank (The Bank) Hong has been in the residential and commercial lending industry since 2002. His extensive experience and knowledge allows him to be able to assist with approvals in all aspects.
Hank’s able to assess all situations and come up with the best scenario possible to obtain approval for each individual’s situation.
Nicknamed “Hank the Bank”, he’s well-known and well respected in the mortgage industry and has been recognised with numerous awards for his efforts.
Hank’s vast experience in these areas of lending come from working as a credit officer and relationship manager for the broker network with a leading non-bank lender. This has allowed Hank to work directly with Australia’s two mortgage insurers (Genworth Financial and QBE), which gives him an advantage in helping people who need to borrow over 80% of the property value.
Hank is a seasoned property investor with a burgeoning investment portfolio. His up-to-date knowledge of property investment and finance enables him to make sound recommendations to his customers.
Hanks’ finance career includes:
- Mortgage Broker since 2010 to current
- Credit Analyst 2006 to 2010
- Credit support 2022 to 2006
- Top 100 Broker Australia Wide MPA – 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Winner Best Office 2020 & 2021 – Connective Excellence Awards
- Winner Best Office 2020 – AMA Awards
- Winner of New Office 2020 – Better Business Awards
- Finalist 2019, 2020, 2021 – Best Residential Broker – Better Business Awards
- Finalist 2019 & 2020 – Major Brokerage of the Year Non Franchise & Office of Year Non Franchise – Australian Broking Awards
- Finalist Digital Presence 2017 – eChoice
- Winner of Australian Broking Award – 2012 Newcomer Award (The Advisor)
- Ranked 9 in Australia Top 30 Brokers Under 30 – 2012, 2013 & 2014 (Citibank)
- Finalist in Australia’s Brightest Broker 2013 & 2014 (St. George Bank & MFAA)
- Numerous industry magazine articles and mentions in Australian newspapers
- In 2014, Hank was officially ranked 73rd in Mortgage Professional Australia’‘2014 Top 100 Brokers’ list. That means he’s 73rd in all of Australia based on number of loans he’s settled in the past year.
- Hank has been named a finalist in BrokerIQ’s ‘Australia’s Brightest Broker’ award in both 2013 and 2014
- The initiative by St George Bank and The Adviser pits the country’s leading brokers against one another, testing their expertise on a range of topics including product, finance and general industry knowledge. Narrowly missing out by one question, Hank came runner up in being the most knowledgeable Broker in Australia.
- The Top 30 Under 30 awards are organised by The Adviser, a leading industry publication, and they recognise brokers under thirty who are deemed be the best young brokers in the industry.
- Hank has managed to rank in the top 30 for three years in a row, and took out the Young Broker of the Year 2014.
- This outstanding achievement is a testament to his dedication to customer service and delivering the best solutions for clients.
- In July 2012 Hank was named Australia’s best new mortgage broker in the Australian Broking Awards, when he took out the title of Newcomer of the Year.
- The Australian Broking Awards are organised by The Adviser (a leading industry publication) and are aimed at acknowledging the cream of the crop in the mortgage and finance broking industry.
- The Newcomer of the Year award recognises and celebrates the broker who has been the most successful in their first two years in the job.
- Since Hank began broking, he has shown an outstanding level of professionalism and customer care.
- Hank’s triumph at the Awards is thanks to his holistic approach to mortgage broking. He was applauded by the judges for his ability to build strong relationships with his customers, ensuring that he always delivers the best outcomes for his clients.
- Hank is a true professional through and through. He talks a big game and then delivers too! I financed, refinanced and financed again through him. Even put him under the pump against other brokerages and he still came through. Amazing service and great delivery. Couldn’t speak highly enough of this team.Sharnam Chopra
- "Hank the Bank" as Hank calls himself has been with us through and through in our journey of buying Ist home. It took us nearly one and half year before we could dive in. During that entire period, he remained diligently involved, regularly updating the application status until the D day. Following on, Hank has been of tremendous help while negotiating all rates, disputes we had with Bank at the time of settlement and subsequently. Moreover, Hank and his team are always just a phone call away for any routine or emergency response! I would certainly recommend Mortgage Pros for true peace of mind, while receiving true quality professional help in a timely manner! Thumbs Up!!Aniket Shukla
- From the moment we first talked to Hank and his team, we felt confident knowing we had reached out to the right people to help us get our loan sorted asap. We had the added headache of being both self employed, being on holidays and out of the state and away from our paperwork at the time, being short on time and not knowing what bank would take us on, but Hank sorted it all out for us without a fuss. Thoroughly recommend hank the bank for all your loan requirements.Christy Simitzis
- I’ve worked with Hank a number of times to secure finance. On each occasion they have been complex applications. Complexities such as finance for a new house build and dealing with the rigours of an application involving self employed business income. Banks require so much information in this current climate, it is a very challenging process. I have maintained a great relationship with Hank over the years, we have shared a lot of laughs. More importantly he works hard to help you through the process and always gives you options and recommendations for each decision along the way. I am based in Melbourne and Hank is in Sydney, the distance has never been an issue. I could not recommend Hank more highly, he’s a top man who cares about what he does and works extremely hard for his clients. Work with Hank, you’ll be glad you did!Purton Smith
- Hank is the best! Would give 10 stars if I could! Very responsive to emails/calls/messages, and service is of high quality. Hank has a brilliant mind, is very efficient, and is super friendly and caring. He has supported me throughout the whole journey right through settlement and has gotten me the best value possible. Definitely recommend Hank to everyone. Linda was also amazing at managing settlement. She was very professional and informative, as well as responsive to any queries. Thank you to Hank, Linda and the team at Mortgage Pros!Christine
- The happiness, joy and ease that Hank brought to me while purchasing my first property ( for the 2nd time ) was so natural to him, it was like he was born to be as what I now know him as “Hank THE Bank”. The point I am trying to make people, is, that Hank and his team at Mortgage pros, go beyond on what they do to ensure that everything is covered which flows into a flawless experience. I would 110% recommend them to anyone! If you are reading this, please remember that anything you ask, anything you need help with, any advice, any time of the day, Hank and his Team WILL ensure they cover everything and anything you need to know. Choose Mortgage Pros, I did and I haven’t looked back.Taylor Pedone
- The BEST mortgage brokers I have ever worked with. They look at every option and possibility for your situation to get you the best deal. Our situation was in no way straight forward and other brokers did tell us we had no options but Mortgage Pros came through with an incredible refinance deal and extra funds for renovations, all with a lower repayment than we were initially paying - awesome.Andrea Crespo Arrisueno